Hello, my name is Sky Lisette and I am a published Fashion Wardrobe Stylist and Creative Director. I've worked with many different agencies, photographers, publications, models and etc.
Check out the podcast below I was interviewed in:
Dedicated to my youngest sister, Riley. She told me that I inspired her to be a fashion designer so I could style her clothes for photoshoots and fashion shows. Love ya, little squeak.
What Is A Fashion/Wardrobe Stylist?
Fashion Stylists may perform the following tasks:
- Select items to appear in fashion magazines/media
- Select clothing for TV personalities, celebrities or the wardrobe for film or TV characters.
- Source fashion items and props for photographic shoots or film/tv personalities, or product placement in fashion magazines/media.
- Advise on photographic approaches and the selection of locations, props, clothing, models, makeup artists, photographers, hair stylists and the overall look for photo shoots.
- Advise and direct the photography of items and clothing selected for promotion.
- Liaise with fashion designers, retailers, the media, models/model agencies, photographers, makeup artists, hairdressers, beauty therapists, personal trainers and the media.
- Organise and compare fashion parades and events.
- Write articles on the latest fashion trends.
- Provide fashion direction to buyers, merchandisers and/or product developers/designers.
- Speak at events about image and fashion trends.
What is a Creative Director?
Fashion creative directors must be jacks-of-all-trades. They may oversee a fashion photo shoot in the morning, approve marketing and advertising materials in the afternoon and schmooze with designers and fashion buyers at night. You need strong organization and public relations skills and the ability to recognize and set trends, and work as well with others as you do on your own.